Dennis Popalardo has devoted his entire practice to the field of workers’ compensation since his admission to the California State Bar in 1992. He is certified as a workers’ comp specialist by the State Bar and in 2006 was recognized as one of Northern California’s “Super Lawyers” by San Francisco magazine.
To Dennis, the practice of law boils down to simple values: doing good and helping people. He has always derived the greatest satisfaction from making a difference in the lives of injured workers, and takes pride in representing clients from a wide range of professions, from truck drivers and construction workers to nurses and teachers. Over the years, he has developed multiple special industry niches as noted below.
Dennis received his law degree from Pepperdine University and earned his bachelor’s degree in politics from Fairfield University, where he graduated cum laude. Before joining Boxer & Gerson, LLP, he was a managing partner in a nationwide insurance defense firm.
His publication credits include authoring the workers’ compensation chapter of the California Basic Practice Handbook, and serving as update author of California Workers’ Compensation Practice.
In his spare time, he enjoys reading, gardening, watching sports, and anything that allows for time with his wife and son.
Dennis’s case highlights include:
• A $1 million settlement for a hospital nurse who was assaulted by a patient.
• A $600,000 settlement for a mechanic who injured his spine while lifting a brake drum at work.
• An 80 percent permanent disability award for a manicurist who fell at work and injured her spine, as well as a separate 25% award for a cumulative injury she had suffered on the job.
• A permanent total disability award for a professor at City College of San Francisco.
- Delivery Truck Drivers
- Garbage Truck Drivers
- Police Officers
- Professional Athletes
- Supermarket Workers
- California, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1992
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Alameda County Bar Association
- California Applicants’ Attorneys Association
- Kids’ Chance, California, Board of Directors